Those cold winter nights call for one thing, and one thing only. The perfect soup recipe to fill your tummy and keep you warm inside. We came across this delicious recipe on Midwest Living, and we could not wait to try it! Trust us, you will absolutely love this spaghetti soup! It's quick and easy to make and the whole family will enjoy it.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (1 stalk)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 14 1/2 - ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 13 - 15 - ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- dashed crushed red pepper
- 2 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook meat, onion, sweet pepper, celery, carrot, and garlic over medium heat until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink. Drain off excess fat.
- Add water, undrained tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, sugar, and seasonings. Bring mixture to boiling. Add broken spaghetti. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until spaghetti is tender. Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh herb sprigs, if you like. Makes 6 servings.